Monday, March 17, 2008

Our 1st trip to Childrens ER



Cameron today was running across the living room and fell down and hit his eye on the corner of our back door. When I picked him up all I saw was blood so, I jumped in the car and headed to Dianne Broadheads who graduates nursing school REAL SOON and let her check it out!!! Yay DI you don't have much longer!! anyways we live right up the road from each other and she has more experience than me being that I have only been in school for a year. She checked him out and cleaned him up and we both decided we needed to go visit Children's. So in the mean time I had to call Rickey out of work, as for those who don't know he works underground in the mines and its not the easiest thing to do me getting in touch with him. He calls me and heads home nasty as ever and off to the ER we go. We had a great experience with everyone there luckily I knew a few nice ladies there :) and he got 4 stitches in his right eyebrow. The only thing he HATED with a passion was the papoos that held him snug and tight. Cam was such a big boy and yes mam I cried it broke my heart!! He is fine now and is running around playing like nothing ever happened!! Needless to say I have had one CRAZY day!!

2 comments:

Melissa Irvin said...

AWE! Bless his heart! I know you must have been a nervous wreck! I'm so not ready for those days! I'm going to find it so hard to stay calm!

Www.whughes.blogspot.com said...

poor baby! mom told me she saw you guys! i'm sure this will not be his last boo boo!